She explains her daily routine there and remind us of the importance of learning languages, particularly English. Now, she is learning Dutch, she says it is difficult but they are very patient. Her overall experience is positive so, we are very excited to know all the opportunities we have to travel abroad. Tomorrow they will explain all these opportunities with the visit of Europe Direct!
We also learned that in The Hague there is the Peace Palace (in the picture), where the the International Court of Justice is located. Serious issues we dealt with in Euroscolos (for example, the Yugoslavian War) have been judged there (ICTY).
Major international and European organisations based in The Hague include:
- Eurojust, European Union body composed of national prosecutors
- European Patent Office
- Europol, European Police Office
- Hague Academy of International Law, center for high-level education in both public and private international law
- Hague Conference on Private International Law, (HCCH), the oldest and preeminent private international law harmonisation institution
- International Court of Justice, located in the Peace Palace
- International Criminal Court, (ICC)
- International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia, (ICTY)
- International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR, appeals court only). The tribunal itself is in Arusha, Tanzania.
- Iran-United States Claims Tribunal
- Special Tribunal for Lebanon
- Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organization
- NATO Consultation, Command and Control Agency, (NC3A)
- Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, (OPCW)
- Permanent Court of Arbitration, the oldest institution for international dispute resolution.
- The European Library
Finally she remembered her participation in Euroscola back in 2013 and how they overcame so many technical problems editing videos but all the good moments working in group too and wishes us good luck!